Although I wasn't as excited to start this unit of exploring our major as exploring our home, I got into it after I realized that I could go beyond discovering what immediately laid before me. When most people, myself included, think of majoring in pharmacy, they imagine themselves working in Rite Aid, CVS, and all the other retail pharmacies out there. And it's true. About 80% of students who graduate from pharmacy school head into retail and stay working in that area for a good amount of their careers. However, I already know that I wouldn't be interested in going into standing behind the counter at Duane Reade and explaining prescriptions to patients all day. Having enjoyed my experiences in a hospital, I know I would aim starting my career there.
I think I was very thorough in exploring the responsibilities that being a pharmacist and a pharmacy manager entails. My experience from working closely with a professional really helped me understand these aspects, and this blog took what I learned from him and my knowledge of the major as it stands here at STJ and extended to a social justice perspective. Much of the information on the page I didn't have to research further than a phone call to my friend Bob; however, I never thought about being a manager in terms of social justice. Tying business into pharmacy does look enticing, and it's fair to predict that I may just aim to stretch out my career to this end (although it certainly doesn't beat being a point guard on the New York Knicks, doesn't it, Dr. Denny?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.
ReplyDeleteWhatsApp ... + 19893943740.